Monday, June 25, 2007

Little Grocers

Today for Learning Day, we had a tour at the local grocery store. We were so pleased with how the tour worked out. Our host took us to the bakery where we got to watch a cake get decorated...
...and a pizza being made.


We also learned about the Butcher's Shop and got a sneak peak at the produce and dairy refrigerators. The boys were pretty enthralled. After letting each of them pick out a fruit and purchase it on their own (with a little guidance from the mom's), we were surprised with a gift of the pizza and cake that they watched them make/bake.

We then left to go back to my house and eat our yummy lunch and play "store"! A friend lent us a little cash registar. Xander and I had fun taking turns shopping and then coming and paying for the items. It was a wonderful opportunity to work on our counting as he paid a play dollar for each item he bought. Although, I'm really missing my shoe rack (er, make shift grocery holder), I will probably leave this up for another day or so before reclaiming some of my items. The boys also really enjoyed the crates that I tied onto the push toys to make carts.

Sadly, poor Xander learned a difficult lesson when I put Nemo in the store as our fish item...

Since we had so much fun, we would love suggestions for other fun (preferably free) places we can take our boys!

1 comment:

  1. What a great tour/lesson! You three moms should be very proud of the seeds you are planting. MiMa

    ReplyDelete