Monday, October 22, 2007

Some things never change...


There have been a few times in my adult life that have surprised both myself and my family. For instance, I was never into writing growing up and yet I ended up with a job in fundraising for pro-life groups where writing played a critical role. Ironic.

I was also never really into sewing growing up. I knew how, but only did it when absolutely necessary and to this day have a mental block on figuring out patterns. I'm much more into trial by error. So it was ironic that I started my baby carrier business. I did it because I fell in love with carrying my babies close and wanted to share this love and opportunity with others.

This leads me to a sad confession. Due to my dislike of sewing, when my mom stopped sewing my AWANA patches on in junior high I resorted to 'gasp' gluing them on! Of course, I would usually wait until an hour before we needed to leave, so I would try using the glue gun. This resulted in accidentally gluing the sleeves together one time and then burning myself while trying to glue them on while wearing my shirt. Stupid, I know. If the sleeves glued together, you'd think I'd have deduced that the piping hot glue would go thru the shirt and to my arm...

Well, not much has changed. I am once again in charge of attaching patches to Awana uniforms. And what did I do? ...Wait to the last minute and resort to glue. Thankfully, I've discovered a wonderfully fast-acting fabric glue that doesn't burn.

2 comments: