Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Free Ride...

For those of you with small children living in the Phoenix area, I wanted to make sure you knew about the grand opening of the Metro Light Rail. On Saturday and Sunday, they will be hosting all kinds of fun activities and you can ride the metro for FREE.

I thought it might just be a boy thing, except that my sisters and I have VERY fond memories of riding the metro in DC when I was a girl. In fact, in the early years, we enjoyed that more than any of the sights in Washington DC. Sad, I know.

With Keegan's current obsession with trains and Xander's past infatuation with the DC Metro, we'll be there. I'm not one for crowds, so we may just head down some day the following week because you can ride FREE through the end of 2008! But who knows, maybe we'll be brave enough to strike out this weekend!

14 month old Xander at the start of his metro infatuation!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the metro is great fun for the kiddos - though I remember one time when someone had the worst tantrum I had ever seen. And we were stuck - no way to get off, no place to hide, and other people there stuck with us and a screaming hysterical child.

    ReplyDelete