Friday, March 20, 2009

Popsicle Stick Pics

Happy Spring! Our tree is in bloom and the love birds, which appeared in early February have built a nest. Three little eggs can be seen. The boys are so excited. It's a little hard to explain seasons to them as it is not always obvious, but our tree sure does help illustrate what isn't always visable outside our windows...

For Pa's birthday we made him a frame and sent him a picture of his almost birthday buddy. We had so much fun, Xander and I decided to make three more for my precious mini-men. They now perch beneath my tree.

Xander loved that he could help me and I liked that the results of our craft looked pretty good!

2 comments:

  1. The three looks beautiful! I love the kissy, kissy birds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the frames are adorable! And your tree looks great too!

    As I've driven down the freeway, I've seen trees with brand new baby leaves sprouting. Also, when I was sitting outside yesterday, I saw a bird pick out the perfect stick to be the next piece of her nest. So, we do have little signs of spring around the valley - you just have to look harder! :)

    ReplyDelete