Sunday, September 13, 2009

Football

So here we are at the start of another football season.  I'm once again playing fantasy football in my women's league and looking forward to relaxed Sundays watching football with my boys.  ALL of my boys are now obsessed with football.

In fact, a little while ago, Xander stopped me before I left his room one night and told me that he knows all of the Cowboys players.  Amused, I paused so he could tell me what he knows.

"Bonner (his name for all pretend characters of his at the moment) and Jesus."

Nice.  And all of this "God's team" stuff would be why I had such a revulsion for the Cowboys all these years.  God is at work though and I can still say that I'm rooting for them alongside all of my boys this year.  Talk about a miracle...

2 comments:

  1. I am loving that Xander has correctly identified Jesus as part of the Cowboys. He's absolutely right! The insight of children...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you trying to do Jess? Turn me against Rich's beloved Cowboys with talk like this??? :yuck:

    Sheesh, you Texans... :)

    ReplyDelete