Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Little Bereans!

Do any of you just watch your kids play?  I love quietly observing them while they play.  Their ingenuity is amazing. 

I enjoy planning creative activities for my kids, but there are many days when I just don't have the energy for it.  This week has been one of those times... 

But if I had planned some activity earlier this week, I would have missed this:
Their friend had brought his Bible that matched Xanders.  While I was straightening up the kitchen, I heard the chairs moving around in the front room. 
They were coming together to have a "Bible study".  It was such a treat to hear them find favorite stories and share them with the others.
Then they proceeded into the other room to try and find the same stories in each of their Bibles. 
As my friend and I study the Bible with other women, we are not only strengthened in our faith and love for the Word, but our children are also witnessing the need and joy of being in the Word as well! 
:sigh: 
Life at the feet of Jesus is sweet indeed. 
I'm so thankful for the days when I'm disorganized and leave the kids on their own.  Watching them this last week was a treat!

3 comments:

  1. Children of the Lord!! You are definitely doing things right by example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth? As I've sat and thought about how I can help cultivate a love for the Lord in my boys, I've come to realize that more than anything I need to enjoy my relationship with Him. Sort of the "better caught, than taught" kind of thing...

    ReplyDelete