Monday, February 15, 2010

He Loves Me More...

Last week when I was praying for the boys and tucking them into bed, Xander informed me that Jesus loves him more than I do. 

I asked him if he knows that I love him.  With a huge smile, he vigorously nodded.  "And God loves you more?" I asked.  His eyes lit up and he fairly danced out of bed...  Oh it feels good to be loved!

Being a parent has grown my perspective on so many things.  As I sat there thinking about what Xander was saying, I was blown away by how much God loves us.  Rich and I, like most parents, LOVE our children more than just about anything else.  It is a fierce love that desires what is best for them and puts their good above our own.  And yet to think that my love for them pales in comparison to the love God has for them and for me...

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude...

93. that He loved us first.

94. that because of that we can love Him in return.

95. for growing love between man and wife!  We're almost to 10 years of marriage!

96. for all of the teachable moments that parenting and marriage give me.  God is in the business of growing me up!  He will never give up and never let me go.

97. for forbearance. My children and my hubby are so patient with me and still love me despite my shortcomings...

98. I'm so grateful that despite emotional ups and downs, He remains the same.  His mercies are new every morning.








holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment