Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Art Therapy or Recovery?

I used to be so brave... 

...back when I had one child and even when there were two painting.  We would pull out paints frequently. 

It was fun.  An adventure, I'd claim.

Now if I haven't mentally prepared myself, I can feel myself going to the brink of insanity.  There just isn't enough of me to go around if they get in a Pollack frenzy and start simultaneously flinging paint.

hmmmm. Maybe we should move the painting outside.

It has been a while, but with our exploration of our desert home, it just felt right to pull out the tempora once again and paint some desert scenery.

Thankfully, there was no paint flinging.  Just paint on paper, fingers and the nose.


Each boy expressed himself artistically in his own unique way.

 I even relaxed and got a piece of the action too!  Mine is just recognizable enough to look like cheesy kid art while theirs has a decided 'modern' flair to it...

But we are all proud of our accompishments and have tacked up our work for all to see.

And now I recover and realize that it wasn't THAT bad.  We just might try it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment