Monday, May 10, 2010

Moms for a Mom

Moms help keep the world going in so many ways...

I think becoming a mother has only increased my appreciation for my own mother and also for every other mother out there.  It is a hard, often under-appreciated job. 

And one that never really ends. 

Even though I'm now a mom, I still need a mom. 

Thankfully, I have two!

My own mother. 

She is always there for us.  She gives up her time and her heart for my sisters and I. 

She has been a sounding board when I'm struggling with my own parenting struggles and shares my obsession with educational philosophy and teaching.  Actually, I probably got it from her...

And my second mother.
Ten years ago this month, she officially became my second mom!  I love hearing her stories of my husbands childhood and she has been so helpful in my own mothering journey.

She works nights as a nurse, so there have been several times I've called her in the middle of the night with sick kid questions!  And I'll always be thankful for her showing me how to bathe my babies.  Her method was far easier than my feeble attempts.

She's coming out in a week to hang out with us!  We are all so excited!

My boys love spending time with their grandma's.  My mom called last week and asked to come down and join us for 'school' last week.  

Yup, I'm very blessed!  So I continue to count the gifts that God has poured out on my life and stand in awe as God continues to change my perspective in the process!

232. my mom

233. my mother-in-law

234. Oma's Days.  It is especially helpful since I've been putting off 'messy' activities until nap time when Treyton is down for a nap.

235. working together to build our Hopi village.

236. boys learning how to shoot arrows!
237. special excitement during a spelling lesson.  It's amazing what a difference it makes to have a new audience/teacher! 

238. baby boy grins and attempts at being big.

239. special time with Oma.  He talked about it the rest of the day!

240. my first 'hand-made' mother's day gift.  Xander was so proud of his creation that he made in Sunday school.
241. watching the men-folk hang out.  What a gift that they all like eachother! :)

242. watching my son's fill Oma in on what they learned in swim lessons.

243. a car full of precious cargo.

244. crazy boy hair.  :sigh:

245. a surprise trip out on Sunday night to watch the Suns sweep the Spurs! :) 

246. parents who take the boys to their house so hubby and I can watch the remainder of the game!

247. an evening with wonderful friends over mexican food and margarita's!

248. hearing about my friend's upcoming trip to Malawi.

249. brothers holding hands during a walk.

250. being blessed by other's lists of gratitude.

251. accepting... letting go... embracing what is.... repeat.

         (borrowed from Anne.)  Yes, even disappointment can be a gift.  Learning to trust, again and again...



holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Love your list. Your boys are precious. Second moms are great. God knows when we need more help! Aloha *;)

    ReplyDelete