Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Embracing Humidity

We are heading to a family reunion in Texas. It will be exciting to see family - some of whom I've never met!  The last one they had was 11 years ago.  I was in Spain at the time and not engaged quite yet.  We are all stoked! 

As weird as it is, I've also embraced the idea of humidity! Which is big for me, since I'd much rather bake in an oven then sweat in a sauna...  We just started learning about the Amazon rainforest and I figured what better way to explain the climate to them than to leave our dry, desert home and head to hot, muggy Texas!!!

But before I leave, I wanted to let my subscribed readers know about some new resources that have been added to the blog: informational pages.  It took me a while to wade through my list of favorites and attempt to classify them by the groups at the top of this page, but here is my first go at it.  These pages will be updated regularly as I come across articles, resources and blogs that are helpful in these areas.  So click in and have a look!

Topics covered in each page:

Cultivating Christ: Imparting a love for Jesus, living Christianity as a family, and making Christianity a part of everyday life.
Cultivating Play: Research on the importance of play, information on toys and activities that cultivate play.
Cultivating Learning: Research on how and what children should learn in the early years, including Preschool and Kindergarten Skills check lists, philosophy of education, information on learning by doing.
Cultivating Creativity: Articles on pursuing creativity and curiosity.

1 comment:

  1. I have an award for you!
    http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-awards.html
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete