Monday, October 18, 2010

Family Learning

Some days I just want to pinch myself... 

We get to learn along-side each other.  Yes, in these tender early years, there is a lot of teaching and training that goes on.  But we also get to experience the joy of learning together, as a family! 

I don't know everything and I certainly don't want to limit my kids to learning about things that I already know about...  And that's ok.  In fact, it's more than ok.  I get to model to them what learning looks like because we are all on this amazing journey of learning about this world that God created! 

There is joy in the discovery and sharing those discoveries with those you love the most! 

I continue on the amazing process of counting the many gifts God gives us.  It has been exciting to see how my whole way of thinking has changed.  Viewing the world thru the lens of gratitude for all God has done is simply beautiful!



holy experience


417. watching my kids discover new things about the world around them.
418. learning new things myself.
419. Sunday afternoon US Geography lessons - aka NFL Football.
420. boys and tractors.
421. talkative boys.  (And to think that I was afraid of being surrounded by silent, uncommunicative boys...)

422. quiet water explorations.
423. cool mornings and open windows.
424. two game nights in one week!  Ticket to Ride Europe rocks! :)
425. ferocious looks on little boy faces as they race on bikes.
426. gift bearing boys
427. gift-borrowing boy.
428. a beautiful morning at the park with the whole family.
429. Those quiet moments of sweet fellowship with God tucked throughout the day in the most unexpected places!
430. Middle of the night conversations with God.  (Goodness, I think He must really be wanting to reach me this week!)
431. The Holy Spirit growing patience in me.
432. Reminders of His past perfect timing which helps with trusting Him with the present.
433. Knowing that God sees the big picture.
434. A tumultuous economy.  I'm forced to the wonderful place of trusting God and recognizing that our provision comes from Him.  God truly is kind to me.

3 comments:

  1. We have had geography lessons through football games, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list and your blog...thanks so much for dropping by and joining me....I can't wait to dig into your blog and join you in this crazy world as we use CM to help guide us with our children's learning.

    ReplyDelete