Monday, March 14, 2011

Trey-Trey


Don't you just love those weeks where you just pinch yourself to make sure you aren't dreaming?!?!? This last week was one of those! 

So I write again this Monday and record more gifts...

679. celebrating our youngest son, Trey (or thanks to my niece, affectionately called, Trey-Trey).  We cannot imagine life with this little spitfire.  He is 'the dangerous one' and life is always an adventure with him around.
680. Trey waking up declaring to the world that it was his birthday.

681. unbridled boy enthusiasm.
682. candles in this yummy Blueberry Buckle.
683. watching him run after his big brothers and play as one of them.
684. his delight when Mima and his cousin called to sing to him.
685. grabbing his {free} birthday lunch at Joe's Farm Grill.
686. boys playing in the sunshine.
687. remembering back to his birth.
688. long-anticipated confirmation from the midwife that our new baby is alive and right on track.  Hearing that heartbeat is always heavenly.  After a loss, it is indescribable... 
689. this appointment landing three years after she had been over for Treyton's speedy arrival!
690.  afternoon naps - for me!
691. boys practicing their big brother skills with 'heavy baby' (The weighted doll that I used when I had my baby carrier business.)
692. finding my first published magazine article in our mailbox! 
693. hiking with friends.

694. ...all the way back to find thousand year old Hohokam petroglyphs.
695. nothing worse than scraped knees afterwards...
696. boys that are very concerned about what the baby eats.  I can't get away with anything! ;)
697. green smoothies - upping our fruit AND veggie intake!
698. boys that are thrilled, despite the color.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

9 comments:

  1. What s fun posy!! Love all of your photos!

    Visiting you today from the Hop!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I totally messed up that typing! Ha! I meant to say, "What a fun post!"
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great week!! blessings abound~

    i suppose i should start linking up with the blessing posts too...what a great idea.

    have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading your list of gifts! It's especially refreshing when I may be feeling overwhelmed at the moment! Thanks for taking the time to share them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I thought that was some new kind of slang that I just hadn't heard of before... too funny. But it sure would be nice if there was an edit function on comments, wouldn't it?

    Mountain Mama, you totally should. It has been so very good for me and helped me focus on the GIVER of all of life's gifts.

    Tara, Thanks. I feel the same way when I read other people's lists or even go back and read some of my old one's. It is very helpful when I feel overwhelmed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m really glad you had a “pinch me week” – we need those. :) And of the list, how could I not pick this one – congratulations – brava - 692. finding my first published magazine article in our mailbox!

    God Bless and keep you and all of yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, green smoothies! I can't wait until our kale is in season again. Kale + orange juice is the perfect green smoothie in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhode Island Novelty company. They sell them by the dozen.

    The Nerf sword is also really good, it's been on our list of potential presents since Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom and i read your article you had published. We were like "Hey, we know that girl!" :)

    ReplyDelete