Friday, April 1, 2011

No foolin...

Temperatures here in the Arizona desert topped 100 degrees today. :sigh:  It seems so weird to see headlines talking about another snowstorm on the east coast...

This has nothing to do with the remainder of my post.  It's just that the first day over 100 is sort of a moment to note, especially when it comes so early in the year.

I've been a negligent blogger of late.  Sorry.  Life has a way of just getting really, really busy.  Add throwing a birthday party on top of a crazy weekend, a scary pregnancy episode, a visit from my midwife (I heart home visits) a trip to get an ultrasound, trying to take it easy, general pregnancy exhaustion, changes in our homeschool schedule and a writing project (that is finally done) makes those extra 'normal' blogging hours drop to nil.

But I'm going to make it up to you tonight by sharing my newest {not so guilty} sweet indulgence!

I'm trying to really cut back on the sugar.  I've had blood sugar issues with the first pregnancy and some serious weight gain in the third (due to lack of blood sugar issues so an over indulgence of sweets + lots of bedrest).
Freezer Coconut Fudge
{sugar free pure deliciousness}

  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsweetened, natural peanut butter or almond butter (I used a mix of both because I ran out of pb)  
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4-1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup honey (I'm going to experiment with using a little less next time.)
Mix together all ingredients. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread mix out until 1/4-1/2 inch thick.  

Place fudge in freezer. Let set for about 30 minutes.

Break into pieces and try not to eat all of it at once!  Store remaining pieces in freezer until ready to serve.

I'll be back to 'normal' blogging next week, Lord willing!

6 comments:

  1. Yup, this stuff is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i have been wondering about you.

    being prego is tough work with other kids to keep up with!! =)

    that recipe looks amazing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Dear. Me! This is a *must try* for when I'm eating chocolate again. I'll bookmark it! :)

    Thanks for sharing and for the temptation...(wink)...but I am being a good girl and resisting...aren't you proud of me? LOL!

    All the best in your pregnancy...I will pray for you tonight.

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy! And I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all enjoy the recipe and thank you so much for your kind prayers and words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather,

    You wouldn't happen to have a yummy recipe for fudge that didn't include peanut or almond butter, would you? :)

    ReplyDelete