Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm still here...

just busy, overwhelmed, tired and moving ever so S.L.O.W.L.Y. these days...  But I guess that is to be expected as I approach the 34 week mark this weekend.

We had a wonderful time up north at a cabin with my family last week, so this week has been one of pulling the house back together, catching up with laundry, restocking the kitchen, meal planning, starting formal academics back up again, having grand plans to get to work on a writing project that I had previously set aside and now really need to get working on, attempting to move our 3 year old into his brothers room {again}, replacing elastic in the cloth diapers we have and realizing that I need to start {mentally} preparing for the birth in about 6 weeks...

Plus I've been continuing to pray and write down some of the goals and vision that we have for each of our children this semester on my goal sheets while at the same time realizing how tenuous everything is with the addition of a new family member...  Oh and I have more thoughts on the whole process of setting goals that I wanted to share with you.  (Oh and by the way, I fixed the goal sheets, so my graphics aren't fuzzy.  I'm not sure what was up with my pdf maker, but it was messing everything up...)

And have I mentioned that my pace is slower than S.L.O.W?????  I feel like a turtle struggling with my inner rabbit...

I will be back shortly.  In the meantime, continuing to catch-up and enjoying sweet time with the Lord.  Aren't there always blessings in the midst of struggle?!?!?!?

7 comments:

  1. Sit back and enohoy the time you have left..we'll be here waiting for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course there are always blessings!! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you have been struggling Heather. Hang in there...I am praying for you tonight. See Jeremiah 29:11-14a and Isaiah 40:31 for some wonderful encouragement from our wonderful LORD...keep looking to HIM for all your daily needs...HE is Faithful! I am excited for you to be on the countdown to your precious girl's birth...how EXCITING!! :)

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a long time reader of our blog down here from Cape Town in sunny South Africa, but this is the first time I'm leaving a comment: purely because I can so relate to how you feel!! Am almost 35 weeks along with our third child, (also a little girl!) and replacing those leg elastics on the cloth nappies is number one on my priority list for next week!! :-) And I seem to perpetually be making lists..is it just me?? Everything from menu's for the first few weeks to ideas of how to keep my two toddlers occupied while we become used to being a family of five...

    All of the best for this last stretch - soon we'll be cuddling those little bundles of sweetness!

    Much love and blessing to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crisc and Tara,

    Thank you for your kind words...

    Camille,Thanks so much for the encouraging email. I felt like I was on a treasure hunt looking up those verses!!!

    "Your words were found, and I did eat them; and your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart." Jeremiah 15:16

    Joyfulmama, wow we really are in the same position... :) I've been putting off replacing elastic and that is something that needs to happen pronto, because I know I won't have energy afterwards to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm feeling the same way. Between the constant bathroom breaks and refills of ice water, that's about all i can manage in a day. :) Plus, like you i realized i need to actually organize and wash all of my daughters things, clean up the bouncers, install the carseat, get my pump ready....ahh the list goes on... glad you're still doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rest now all you can in these next weeks and don't let anything make you feel guilty for resting! Going into birth rested is the best gift you can give yourself and your daughter both delivery-wise and afterward. Try to farm out some chores and responsibilities to those who volunteer to help, both now and later, so you can really ENJOY that little girl!!

    ReplyDelete