Friday, August 31, 2012

Kindle Crafting...

There is something about birthdays {and Christmas too} that bring out the crafty side for me.  The older my kids get however, I'm finding less and less time for those pursuits.

My dad brought up wanting a bag to carry his kindle in while he walks and listens to his books.  This seemed to be a doable project!

Little did I know just how doable it could be!  I wanted a messenger-bag look since that seemed more 'manly.'  As I looked through the fabric I had on hand, I discovered these pants that Keegan had busted through at the knee.  I had them in my pile to patch.  Instead, I decided to use the leg for the body of the kindle pocket.  The size was perfect.  I merely cut off the bottom, hemmed it and then proceeded to cut the rest of the pants into strips to make straps!  Viola - a manly kindle carrying bag.  I simply stamped a little message to the outside of the bag and we were set!

I love the creative process and it is so fun to watch the boys blossom in their creative pursuits. The creative spirit thrives in community and I find that each of us in our own way grow in this area as we observe each other pursuing our own way to express this! 

He liked his bag and with my creative juices satisfied for the time being, I dove back into the realm of child-rearing, reading and learning...   My only problem is that now the boys want bags!  hmmm, maybe Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that is very cool.
    Now you'll HAVE to find the time to get crafting if everyone wants one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat. Would be neat for taking to work but that is almost over -- thank goodness! Luv, MiMa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project Heather! I'm sure your Dad is very pleased with his Kindle carrier. :) Do I hear *etsy* anyone?? :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete