Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Birthday Balloon Surprises and C.H.A.N.G.E.S. Coming!


Last month my niece turned FIVE!  To celebrate her birthday, we set to work writing special birthday notes and pictures that we tucked inside tiny balloons.  In honor of her 5 years, we also tucked in 5 one dollar bills.  I had seen a similar idea on pinterest and decided that this would be the perfect way to celebrate her birthday.  The boys were thrilled to put the gift together, popping balloons to retrieve treasures on the other end eagerly carried out.  As a bonus, mailing that big box didn't break the bank.

Knowing how fixated my kids are when they earn or receive dollar bills, I figured that would be the highlight.  When I asked my sister if the money gift was a hit, she told me that my precious niece actually valued the copious amount of rolled up notes and pictures.  She carried them around as 'treasure' for several days.  I just love the hearts of young children...

Oh the joy of planning little surprises.

Speaking of surprises, I'm excited to let you know that big C.H.A.N.G.E.S. are coming to the blog!  As in BIG.  I won't be here in a few weeks.  I'm moving! {to a new blog address}  Similar heart and content, but with a renewed focus and a new home! I'm so excited for the direction the Lord is leading with this and can't wait to bring you all with me for the big moving party!  So be sure to check in, or better yet subscribe via email so you won't miss a thing!

1 comment:

  1. How FUN to send all those balloons and notes and dollar bills to your niece! What a creative gift...sounds like it thrilled her little heart!! Yes, the hearts of children really are precious! :)

    Okay...watching out for those changes...you sound excited! I will patiently wait until you reveal what you've been up to. :)

    Blessings to you!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete