Monday, February 25, 2013

Packing Up...

Hard to believe that Xander was Greta's
age the last time we moved...
Well, this is moving week.  We are hard at work packing 'virtual boxes' and working on transitioning to a new home on the internet.  As I prepare, I'm finding some of the emotions that I felt when we moved into our physical home 7 years ago resurfacing:

What to pack up, what to leave?
How do I want to pack it up?
Daydreaming about what my new home will be like...
Missing the idea of the familiarity of my current blog home.


But all in all, change is good and I know that God is leading me every step of the way.  I started to freak out on Saturday as I started thinking through what I needed to do to get ready and God was ever so kind to bring to mind Psalm 127:1



"Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain."


I found myself reciting it over and over again as I fell asleep.  I awoke this morning wit a renewed purpose to rely on Him - His leading and provision, not only for the building of my new blog home, but more importantly the building of my physical home.  The place where we love, learn and live!  Speaking of home, I had linked an amazing post on the 'perfect home' on my facebook page.  I've read Ann's post now several times and nod my amen each and every time I read that "a home is a safe place, a refuge, a place to be real and alive and truest true." If you haven't read it yet, do it.  I promise you'll be blessed.

So be watching, because when it is ready {enough}, I plan to invite you all to a house-warming party!  I'm shooting for Friday, but definitely by next Monday. I'm so excited to share and give away resources and things that my family loves and that goes into the 'making of our home!'

For now, here is a tiny sneak peek. 

11 comments:

  1. Exciting times! Why the move, if I may ask? And who hosts your new site? Typepad? Just curious as I've often thought about a change for my blog as well. Can't wait to see the new "home"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm switching to a self-hosted wordpress blog. I've thought about it for a while. I find commenting on blogger challenging and I like the idea of having greater control over my site. What finally convinced me to change was that I ran out of 'free space' to upload pictures. I'm paying the same amount per month to upload more pictures to blogger than I will pay for hosting for my own website. If I'm going to have to pay anyways, I'd prefer to be on wordpress and with my OWN website.

      Delete
    2. I don't like blogger's comment engine either. I also had to re-size all my pictures because of that same thing and I've only been blogging for about a year and a half! So, I'm sure I'll run out of space at some point in the future as well. I'll be curious to know how you like wordpress. :)

      Delete
    3. I'm on wordpress, not self-hosted yet but I love wordpress! It is easy once it is all set up. I'm looking forward to seeing your new site.

      Delete
    4. Oh Holly (MPBF), that is always encouraging to hear. I'm a bit nervous about learning a new way of doing things, but I know that it will become second nature soon enough!

      Heidi, I'll let you know how it goes. I can only imagine that it is difficult to comment here since I've had trouble commenting on other blogger blogs. I try and be persistent to post my thoughts since I know how blessed I am to receive comments here. I'm thankful that it will be easier to have a conversation over on wordpress! :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to it my friend...I'm sure it will be lovely. Have a wonderful week! :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is HUGE!!!!!!!!! I am soooo excited for you!!! If you have any questions or want to know my favorite widgets and plug ins-just email me! love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to follow you to your new home... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cool /Heather!!!!I just love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete