Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Roots

Picture a little girl with two blond braids twirling, dancing, singing - heart bursting with joy! 

I honestly cannot remember a time when I didn't eagerly look forward to celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus.  This has always been a special time.  Perhaps nothing takes me back to my childhood celebrations like this classic written by Keith Green.  Enjoy and celebrate!

I also loved hearing Keith Green's own commentary on this song from this video clip of a live concert where he sang it.  His message is so timeless.

Memories like this make me thankful for the privilige of raising this next generation of children!  I wonder what will be among their favorite childhood memories of this most special time...

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Rich Easter blessings to you and yours Heather! May HE be glorified as you celebrate HIS death and Resurrection with your family. :)

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure like Keith Green music. Happy Easter to all of your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy easter to ya'll!!!

    He is risen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith Green was one of my favorite Christian artists! I can't imagine what he experiences during Easter now! Praise the Lord for his resurrection power in our daily lives!

    ReplyDelete