Friday, December 14, 2007

Everything Baby...

Despite everything that has happened over the last month and a half, I still have to say, that I love being pregnant. There is something so special about seeing my belly swell with new life. When this little one kicks and squirms, I am filled with awe at how amazing our creator God is and the miracle of new life! We are so excited to meet this new little person. Although Keegan still is pretty clueless, Xander is totally in love with this little one and can't wait to hold him/her.

As for an update, the best news of late is that I passed my glucose test. I guess the third time is a charm, since it is the first time I've ever passed the one hour test! I now do not have to worry about health risks for the baby if I decide to indulge in a cookie, or two (or five)! With everything else that is going on, it is a huge blessing to not have to worry about this one. I have pulled out my trusty nutrition charts that I received in my Bradley childbirth class and have been recording what I'm eating to make sure that I get in my 80-100 g of protein, 2 eggs a day and necessary veggies~! I'm so thankful to have received information on the Brewer pregnancy diet since it really helps lay the groundwork for a healthy pregnancy. It's been a godsend to my friend who had preeclampsia last time around since eating the 80-100 grams of protein each day can help prevent that as well as help form a strong bag of waters which will help prevent an early break!

As for the contractions, I'm still having to take special care to really pace myself and rest ALOT. Last weekend was a little rough with frequent contractions as well as some back pain and cramping. So needless to say, this week I've been home pretty much all week and on the couch a lot. My midwife is awesome and spent quite a bit of time talking with me this week as we went over all kinds of scenarios and laying out a groundwork for what we plan to do.

I don't know what I'd do without the support of my family and friends right now. With 6 weeks of "rest" under my belt, I've settled into a routine of sorts, there are still hard days when my spirits are low and my faith is weak. It has been such a blessing to have so many willing to come over to help or pray and encourage me. Many have come over last minute or been very flexible as Rich's schedule is always changing. A big thanks to Marian, Kelly and Hayley for coming over to get Keegan up and down for naps. (Of course, Xander thinks Kelly came over solely to play with him as that is what occupied their time while Keegan was upstairs!) Sarah came over one day to clean my carpets downstairs. Fluffy super clean carpet was such a fun treat and of course the boys really enjoyed the company Taylor provided! And then last week, as a truly selfless labor of love, Christine came over and cleaned the upstairs bathrooms. I HATE cleaning bathrooms - yuck, yuck, yuck. I can't imagine cleaning someone else's... But again, it was so nice to have a sparkling bathroom to go up to that evening! Erin and Chris have been so understanding and empathetic with Learning Day as I have either had to not go or rearrange days that we meet. Sundays really take a lot out of me, so sometimes Tuesday's have arrived before I an able to out again.

But we only have just a bit over 8 weeks before I can resume normal activity again. Once I make it past the 36 week mark, I plan on carrying my precious Keegan again (hopefully he'll still want me to)!
Xander holding baby Tory when Hayley came over to help this week!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, it's so wonderful that you have friends who are there for you during this time. I hope you all are doing well. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete