Monday, February 11, 2008

It's Over!

Bedrest, that is!!! Today was a glorious day. Today marks the beginning of the 36th week and I can now start to ease off bedrest!

So how did I celebrate? I woke up and cleaned my bathroom! Then spent the rest of the morning playing Peter Pan/Captain Hook w/ Xander, letting Keegan give me racing hugs and sitting outside for a delightful time in the Word while my boys enjoyed playing together - somewhat peaceably. I also was able to start cleaning up my kitchen and organizing a few things downstairs.

I did intersperse frequent breaks, as even this slight activity winded me. (And ideally, we'd like this little guy to stay inside for at least another week.) I guess after 14 weeks of no exercise and very little activity, just about anything would wear me out...

My goal this week is to pull the house together and get everything ready for the birth. Mom came over yesterday and pulled down the baby clothes, put newborn diapers in the basket under the changing table and most importantly pull the master suite together and lay out the birthing supplies!!!

The tricky thing with birth, preterm contractions and all, is that there is no sure way to predict when baby will decide to make his grand entrance. It could be this week, or he could hang out until or even past my due date. For now I'm grateful for each day that I can pull my house together, play with my boys and try to build up some endurance for his birth and the days immediately following.

Hopefully, now that I don't have to stay glued to the couch, I'll also be able to update my blog on a more regular basis again!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So glad you're up and about again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it! Praise the Lord. Treyton is just week(s) away from joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I can take a deep breath. I wonder what Treyton has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you Heather! We are thankful that both you and Treyton are doing well! I'm sure it's just wonderful to get back into doing motherly and wifely things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Now that wasn't to bad was it ;-) I will be praying for God's perfect time for your little guy to make his grand entrance into the world!

    ReplyDelete