Friday, January 25, 2008

Additionally

In addition to my friends great loss, the stomach flu visited our home. I ended up spending Friday night, two weeks ago up every 30-45 minutes with Xander. He couldn't keep anything down, even water. And then on Monday, Rich appeared to get it.

I think from the exhaustion of caring for Xander and then feeling stressed about caring for everyone while I'm supposed to be "resting" triggered contractions to start up again. Taking warm baths helped, but after I started getting them again on Wednesday morning (16th), I decided to call my midwife just in case. She had me come in and we discovered that these contractions had been causing change. I was now 50% effaced. Just a week earlier I had been discussing easing off of the quasi-bedrest I was on and now found myself put on COMPLETE bedrest for the next 4-5 days. My caregroup was awesome and brought over some meals and mom took a day off of work to help out, but Rich got the lions share of the workload - taking care of two delightfully rambunctious boys and a wife relegated to her bed. He's been quite the trooper.

On Monday, since the contractions hadn't died down as much as we had hoped, we went in to see Dr. Eddy. He is such a wonderful doctor and I'm again reminded how thankful I am that he was there to deliver Keegan. We discussed our options and decided to go with formal pre-term labor medication. Thankfully, I haven't progressed any further and for now, I'm on a combination of partial bedrest and medication. So I'm back to a slow crawl and not able to accomplish much. I wish there was an easier way to grow, but I know that God is sovereign and working all things for my ultimate good. My prayer is that God will continue to work in my heart as I get this new opportunity to grow my faith and a fresh lesson in humility.

2 comments:

  1. STAY DOWN! Yes, that is your mother talking! :-) We are fine here in NYC, and I am so grateful for our church and how they are helping us! And the church here in Brooklyn will start providing some meals for Bethany and Keith when I leave. Good news so that Bethany can have a good two weeks down. Now - you just rest up and help little Treyton grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you Heather!

    ReplyDelete