Friday, January 25, 2008

To mourn with those who mourn...

It has been a rough past couple of weeks and hence my blog silence. My dear friend lost her baby boy, Micah Allen, and delivered him still at 36 weeks. He was beautiful and all appeared well the day before when I was with her, but then the next morning, he was gone… I cannot fathom the pain of losing a child. Sitting with her in the hospital as she awaited his birth was a strange mix of sadness and hope. So sad for their incredible loss and yet filled with hope as I watched them turn to the Lord during this time. Pastor Trey was amazing. I feel privileged to have been present and encouraged by his kind care for my friends.

I am also so thankful for the presence of her midwife. In many ways, although a trained medical professional, midwives also take on the role of mothering the mother. They are there throughout your pregnancy and then with you every step of the way through labor and birth. And this was so clearly portrayed in her care for Christine as they walked thru this trial, even though in this case the delivery was handled by the hospital personnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment