Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Just for fun and a new skill!

I'm a horrible packrat. I will get little things that I decide to keep and use for a project "some day"... Inevitably, it just collects dust and then the reason I decided to save it is forgotten. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and actually use what I save.

So the fabric samples that I received in the mail were put to good use this morning. We had fun making "quilts"!

When I went to write Alexander's name on his finished project, he asked if he could write a "big A". So I handed him the marker. He ended up drawing an "H" instead and then proceeded to draw his first person. I was so excited that I pulled out more paper and he had a blast drawing his family and all kinds of other things. It's the first time he's specifically drawn people and said who they are. Usually it is just abstract scribbles aside from his desire to draw certain letters.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on putting your pack-rat collection to use!

    And wonderful news about Xander - both his interest in drawing people and drawing letters! Whoo-hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great artists! I see Duchess is still part of the family. Give her some lovin' from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jess! She is very much part of the family. Rich still insists on taking her to my parents when we go for dinner... She adores our boys too which is so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete