Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pleasant to behold...

My kids are like any other kids and tend to enjoy the box as much as what is inside it - which makes it hard to throw away said boxes. (I know, I'm an awful packrat.)

We aquired some mini Pringles boxes on our loooooooooooong flight back from DC. Keegan just loves them and plays with them almost every day. They were great for packing a few little toys in for our most recent (and thankfully smoother) flight. He had so much fun, dumping the contents and then repacking the tube.

I can only having trash lying around for so long though, so in light of the success of our last box project, I decided to beautify the tubes.
Somehow, seeing these lying around the house just doesn't bother me quite as much! I used scrapbook paper, but should I ever have to do it again, I think I'll try using wrapping paper.

2 comments:

  1. When I was in school, my grandmother & I took different size can2 so I could use them for things in my small dorm room: pencil holder, large one for trash.
    We took colored magazine pages & rolled them into tight tubes then glued them to the container. We did shelac them so they would last. They were very colorful, useful & fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea re the scrapbook paper. I'm amazed how children are interested in things like bottles and boxes in an age of toy production.

    ReplyDelete