Saturday, December 27, 2008

Surprise!

Christmas with kids is so much fun. The anticipation of what I will receive is replaced by the preparation of surprises. And seeing their expressions was priceless!

We spent our Christmas Eve preparing sausage balls (a long-standing tradition in my family), doing the advance prep for Chocolate Cinnamon rolls (that, plus a 5:30am wake up time to start the rolls = too much work and WON'T be a tradition for this mama). We ended the evening with inflating this cool gift for the boys from Mima and Pa!
There was quite a bit of sharing going on as the boys swapped toys. Xander was gracious enough to let Keegan 'pretend' to ride his big-boy bike!
Evangeline and Trey were also enamored with their gifts!

With my mind totally focused on the kids, everyone caught me by surprise when they all chipped in for this! I was so surprised and excited that I just sat there and cried...

They all found it very ironic that my old camera bit the dust, just days before. And then two days before Christmas I also told Rich that for my birthday, I would love nothing more than for everyone to pitch in and get me a really good camera. He didn't even bat an eye and merely gave a half-interested shrug. Sneaky.




6 comments:

  1. I love those sausage balls! You mom told me the recipe, but I'll have to get it from one of you again. (Didn't write it down! Silly me!)

    So what was Mima's gift? Is it an inflatable tunnel?

    Wow! That is so very awesome about the camera! Yay for your fam! And, that Rich, he's a sneaky one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuddos to Rich for keeping the secret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am looking forward to all the wonderful pictures! Great that Rich kept it a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, The gift from Mima and Pa was an inflatable mini bounce house. And I'll send you the sausage ball recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Heather! I actually got the same camera as well! Maybe we can get together and do a photo shoot of our kids and learn about our cameras together. :) I don't know about you, but there is SO much to learn on that thing.

    ReplyDelete