Saturday, February 14, 2009

He still loves me...

I was telling my sister the other day that I had to be the worst. girlfriend. ever. Ten years ago, today, was our first Valentine's Day together and well, let's just say it is amazing that I didn't scare him off!!!

I don't know what possessed me, but my Valentine's Day gift to Rich was the (wonderful) book, Knowing Scripture, by R.C. Sproul. I think he brought me a dozen beautiful red roses and I gave him -- a book. Exciting and romantic, isn't it????? In my defense, I do throw up that the book was my dad's idea. But I still made the final decision to purchase and present it to him wrapped in beautiful red paper. :groan:

Now we don't bother with gifts on this day. (We both dislike the commercialization - and we're cheap.) But we do still have two traditions. We also enjoy this method of sharing cards! And then we do go out for a special date! Valentine's Day (or some day that week) and our Anniversary are the two special date nights we have every year. We take turns planning the evening and enjoy surprising the other with the itinerary!

1 comment:

  1. You two are sooooo cute!

    Ok, that comment should drive Rich nuts! :-)
    Love,
    Mom/MIL

    ReplyDelete