Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a Gift!

As a gift to me, my wonderful hubby released me early this morning to a mini-retreat! I woke up and made my way to the Riparian Park and arrived in time watch the sun make its debut for the day.

I definitely needed the time away. I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve. Every couple of hours I would awaken and check the time and ended up bounding out of bed at 4:50, excited to make my getaway!

With my Bible, journal and camera, I embarked.

There is something so powerful about getting out in nature. I always have my most intimate conversations with God when I'm outside. There's just something about the quiet, fresh air and space, especially at the opening or close of a day...

Although spring definitely feels like it's gone, there were still quite a few blooms out there.
Reading about God's creative power takes on a whole new meaning, when I'm outside enjoying his beautiful creation.
I'm reminded of what Billy Graham once said:

"Mothers should cultivate their souls, that in turn they may cultivate the souls of their children."
I came back refreshed. The rest of my day certainly didn't go perfectly, but God gave me the strength and grace to navigate thru it. Perspective changes everything!

What a gift! Thanks Rich! (can i go again next week?)


1 comment:

  1. What a great "escape" and what gorgeous pictures. You are being a fantastic photographer.

    ReplyDelete