Sunday, December 20, 2009

making lemonade...

My sister and I have been talking about perspective and encouraging one another to seek God's perspective in whatever situations come our way.  Everything is for our greater good and His glory.  He's preparing His bride to spend eternity with Him!

It is amazing to see the difference when there is a change of perspective... 
It reminds me of something my mom used to always remind us of:


"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade."

With this way of thinking I can really and truly be thankful for just about everything! 

So here goes this weeks list of little things that I'm grateful for:

19. promises like this one: "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." (Matt4:4)  Feasting on His words provides sustenance, even in lean (economicly speaking) times...

20. worshiping God with my husband, children and fellow believers, even if I don't know very many of them.  There is such joy in knowing that we have the common bond of a transformed heart!

21. watching my kids have special time with Oma, decorating gingerbread houses, especially since I've discovered that I'm not too fond of doing that kind of thing...


22. enjoying fleeting time with family!

23. watching my boys delight in gifts


24. watching coonskin capped boys enthralled with bubblewrap 



25. competitive gaming, even if I don't always get to participate each time


26. little boys who are watching, learning and wanting to play too!!!  Oh, I see many game nights in our future!

27. anticipating time spent with family in the midwest

28. grateful for kids who (in general) travel well

29. boys that keep me on my toes from the minute they are up to when they go to bed at night

30. sleep in a warm, soft bed, cuddled up next to my hubby




holy experience

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Opa, I'm guessing, entertaining the boys! or are they entertaining him {grin} I too am not a big let's make a gingerbread house person. My mother in law loved doing those things with the kids, but she passed away 2yrs ago. Oh, the coonskin cap! Our children draw names for Christmas and my oldest boy received a coonskin cap from a sister last year. He loves it still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some wonderful warm and fuzzies. I loved seeing the three year old with his cowboy boots and vest, his coonskin cap, his stick horse in one hand and his bow in the other. A look of complete satisfaction on his face!

    ReplyDelete