Thursday, January 28, 2010

Musical Explorations

This week, we tried our hand at making some of our own musical instruments.  I think I've had almost as much fun playing with them as the boys have.  (Experimenting with pitch on our shoebox guitar occupied me for quite a while...)

How many ways can you play a homemade rubberband guitar?

violin-style

classic guitar style

like a mini cello...

Our vinager bottle turned horn can really put out some interesting amplifications...

Trey had fun experimenting with sound


After watching The Music Man tonight the boys are itching to join a marching band.  If the current taste continues, we could have a trombone player and a drummer on our hands.

1 comment:

  1. How fun is that! I want to try making the guitar now, for the girls of course. ;)
    I was a trombone player! :)

    ReplyDelete