Monday, March 1, 2010

Paying It Forward!

Once upon a time, about 2.5 years ago -to be more precise, contractions started coming 2-3 minutes apart.  The problem was that I was only a little over halfway through the pregnancy.

So began my 14 week journey of 'rest' ranging from limited activity to full bedrest and eventually even some medication.  It was a long season of learning humility and resting on God's strength when my own was weak.  In the end, I got to experience the homebirth I was hoping for and a nice BIG, healthy full-term baby. 

During my period of 'rest', I wasn't good about asking for help.  There is something so hard about asking someone to come do things that should just be an easy, normal part of your day while you just lay there on the sofa...  This worried my mom so much she went behind my back and lined up help for me!  Many friends gave up their time to come get my kids up and down the stairs for naps, keep me company and even 'gasp' clean.

I longed for the day when I could return the favor and not just be on the receiving end of such gracious help.

That day is here and I couldn't be more grateful.  A dear friend of mine is on bedrest with her fourth child and humbly sent out a call for help.  Having been in her shoes, I know how hard that can be...

It is a joy to get to step in and help.  As six kids run around me today, I'm filled with joy and thankfullness. 

112. for the opportunity to help my friend when she needs it.

113. for the sweet memories that flood my mind as I think about the many women and my incredible husband who helped out during my time on bedrest.

114. that trials don't last forever and are never more than we can bear.

115. for the growth that trials bring into our lives.

116. for the noise and laughter of 5 boys and one little girl as they play.  (It was a morning of Western Outlaws vs. Medieval Knights!)

117. for the affection that friends can share.

118. for activities that bring quiet concentration for a bit of time and a mental break for mom!

119. the excited whispers of little boys as they have their own afternoon 'rest' time!

120. for moments like these...  Even at their crankiest, they are still adorable and I am thankful that I have my three. 

121. for reminders that salvation is not just about being spared from judgement, but primarily about reconciliation.  We are brought back into relationship and communion with the God of the universe.

122. that God does not give up is not just satisfied in His love for me, but wants me to know Him and experience the depth of his everyday/everyway love for me.
On my way to counting 1,000 of His great gifts for me!


holy experience

1 comment:

  1. "thank you" will never be adequate :) God is using you in my life in a mighty way, and i am truly blessed to be on the receiving end.
    "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."

    ReplyDelete