Monday, March 22, 2010

Road To Calvary

My heart swells with gratitude as we once again, mull over the long road to Calvary...  Seeing God's master plan weaved through the Bible is amazing.  Watching the growing understanding in my children as we take time to think, ponder, anticipate and celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is exciting.   Taking the time, myself, to prepare my heart for Easter is humbling and revitalizing!

This Monday morning I embark again on noting His many gifts to me... 

136. Spring flowers right outside my window!

137. time to ponder and anticipate THE pivotal event on which all of history is hinged.

138. being alive - both spiritually and physically. 

139. early morning wake-up calls from God.  Fellowship is sweet in the still morning hour, especially when He's helped you fully wake up!

140. everyday guidance from God and His speaking to me through Scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to my mind.  His timing is perfect since he knows my needs before I can even begin to anticipate them...

141. for renewed hope in HIM instead of life's circumstances. 

142. The wonderful diversity in His creation.  A trip to the Desert Botanical Garden provides ample time to reflect on this...
143. the chance to see my boys amazed by His creation too!

144. spontaneous hugs from my sons.

145. Mexican food and quiet conversation with my hubby.

146. wise words from my Opa written at the perfect time!

147. The feeling in the pit of your stomach before you get up to talk to a group of people!  :I love butterflies:

148. Opportunities to encourage other homeschool moms

149. sandle season is officially here again!  Yellow brightens my day! :)




holy experience

6 comments:

  1. Yah for Spring and happy yellow sandals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! I'm hopping over from Holy Experience and really like your Easter Road to Calvary! Where would I find instructions for making this and the devotionals? Is it all in the book you mentioned? Feel free to write an answer at my blog: www.domesticserenity.org
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in that info. too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My directions came from the book: Family Celebrations: Meeting Christ in Your Holidays.  Ann Hibbard, the author, has also published a book that has this and other Easter activities in the book, Family Celebrations at Easter.

    Templates for the symbols are there. The original design was to make a banner out of poster board and have the kids color the symbols and put them up. I dedided to make one out of felt so I could use it year after year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower...what kind is it? Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found Ann Hibbard's book quite useful when my children (now young adults) were younger. Enjoy the road to Calvary with your boys. Thank you for your gracious comments when you visited my site today. In joy...

    ReplyDelete