Monday, April 26, 2010

And Counting...

I'm learning that God not only gives us gifts, but he gives them at just the right time.

So I take time again to celebrate all of the wonderful gifts in my life - big and small!

196. A mother duck, taking care of her young.
197. little boys who were as mesmerized by the sight as I was and sat a while just watching...

198. homemade hot pink lemonade (aka. blueberry lemonade)

199. homemade strawberry lemonade

200. and of course our standard vanilla lemonade!

201. a hubby who likes to juice lemons and try new recipes!

202. squeals of delight over shared lemonade!

203. make-believe play with my boys.  Playing the villian is pretty fun!  (I can better understand my mom's enjoyment of playing the evil stepmother when we were growing up, except I didn't get clean floors out of it...)

204. a little boy's faith for his cousin as he prepared her birthday card.  Here she is, loving Jesus with her mommy while God pours his love out on them.
205. the sight of all three boys playing together.

206. high pain tolerance - especially when paired with an accident prone little boy. 

207. sleepy boy cuddle time

208. early mountain biking trek with hubby.

209. jello muscles, scrape free body and that great feeling in your lungs after a hard work-out.

210. experiencing unique personalities in each of my boys

211. getting to hear my 5.5 year old 'drama king' sing louder than 30 other kids at the end of year Bible study program.

212. watching my 'avoid the spotlight' 3.5 year old stare out at the audience at his Cubbies program- silent, mouth agape.

213. getting my sister's old cell phone to replace mine.

214. Having more than 8.5 minutes of talk time before the phone dies!

215. getting ready to go fishing...


216. boys and their creative bird beaks, looking for fish.

217. an invite to a wonderful group of women who want to draw closer to Jesus! 

218. time to seek God in solitude.

219. God speaking to me through scripture and giving me a peace and contentment only He can give.

220. A gratitude community that encourages me to keep counting...



holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment