Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A New Skill Under My Belt

Trey received these colorful little 'pills' for his birthday from cousin E that grow into sponge animals when placed in warm water. The boys all love them.

Last night during bathtime, we gave each boy a pill and soon enough there were two dolphins and a dinosaur swimming around with them.

All was well until bedtime when Keegan insisted in taking two of them to bed with him. Without thinking anything of it I gave my consent. I mean, they certainly don't pose a choking hazard.

Clearly, I don't think like a little boy and about 20 minutes later Xander starts shrieking and calling for me. All he could scream was "Nose, Keegan's nose." Since Keegan is prone to bloody noses, I tore upstairs, grabbing tissue on the way.

Upon arriving in their room, I was informed that the dolphin was wedged up Keegan's nose. I busted up laughing, despite a small part of me wondering how and if I could get it out...

Needless to say that slimy dolphin is now on its way to a final resting place in the city dump. Yuk.

And so I accomplished my first nasal extraction.

3 comments:

  1. ::laughing::
    If there is a will, there is a way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is hilarious!

    It reminds me that my sister used to pick out the yellow plastic center of fake flowers (my mom kept some on the kitchen table) and stick them in her nose! And by "them," I mean multiple multiple little yellow things lodged so far back in her nostril, we made two trips to the pediatrician to extract them! Lol. Props to you for braving the extraction sans doctor! :)

    ReplyDelete