Monday, May 17, 2010

thankful




holy experience
Counting gifts 252-272


Taking time to recognize God's gifts for me is a gift that keeps on giving...  I'm learning to see His gifts for me all over the place, even places I never thought I would.

A little while ago, I went to the library to get a culture pass for a trip to the "Playseum".  Knowing they go fast, my goal was to make it to the library at 7:30 when it opens.  But 'mommy brain' kicked in and I didn't think about it until 8:30.  I still raced down hoping that one of those elusive passes would still be available.

As I ran in, I was met with dissapointment.  No passes.  But as I sat to take it in and make mental plans for what I would do with our co-op date at the museum approaching, a woman walked up and muttered "I guess I won't use it this week." and put a Children's Museum pass back.

And there it was - an unexpected gift just plopped in to my lap.  Thank you Jesus for caring for the tiny, fairly unimportant details.  It made my day, knowing that you thought of me in that way! :)

I pray I continue to slow down enough to realize the many gifts that swirl around me and continue to count each one...


countless games of Go Fish with a 3.5 year old who finally has it figured out!

dropping a 'draw 4' card on my 5.5 year old who was just about to beat me AGAIN at Uno.
talking about the ascension with my boys and making it real by giving them a way to re-enact it!

fresh realization that Jesus has not only risen from the dead, but has ascended and reigns in power.
time to make plans for learning about Pentecost.  (Stay-tuned, I'll be posting more on this soon...)

a night out at the movies with my mom and sister.

laughter over parallel parking!

taking the bigger boys to their first musical - Seussical.

watching their eyes glued on the stage.

youngest looking up to middle.

Hearing Trey call out for Keegan and giggling each time.  He calls him "Me-me".
time away at my monthly Saturday morning retreat!

uplifting and encouraging conversations with women who have been forever changed by Jesus and captured by His love for them.  Their joy is contagious and refreshing!

times of connection with Keegan.

Battling lies with the TRUTH and reminders to keep it up.

cinnamon-sugar popcorn

an understanding husband

anticipation of a visit from my mother-in-law.

late-night checks on sleeping boys.

my nieces pigtails that make me smile and go all mushy inside!

1 comment:

  1. That Pentecost picture makes me want to weep! Love it! Can't wait to see more. Aloha *;)

    ReplyDelete