Monday, September 6, 2010

Gratitude Reflections

It comes easier with practice.  I knew it would, but seeing it happen still blows me away.  My heart is overflowing with gratitude!  Everywhere I turn blessings pop out at me.  I take note - writing them in my heart, marking them down in my journal and even recording some here...  All the time, thanking the Giver of these many wonderful gifts!  
370. time to watch the clouds race across the sky.
371. the quiet stillness of the forest.
372. The gruff whisper of my 4 year old as he promises to protect me.
373. childhood imaginations
374. watching children go puddle romping!
375. twilight walks with my dad
376. the smell of pine needles
377. flowers collected by eager little hands!
378. a week of shared meal prep and clean-up (a definite perk of communal living)
379. Only one day of peanut butter and jelly for lunch because of said collaboration.
380. no cell phone coverage for a week
381. much needed unplugged time!
382. Hearing God speak more clearly without added distractions.
383. family worship time
384. realizing that my 6 year old really understood and took to heart what was shared and thanking God for it at lunchtime prayer
385. hanging out with newly weds!
386. Time with Rich
387. marital love that grows and deepens with time.
388. endless games...
389. lots of different people to play them with.
390. pleas for more basketball
391. mountain top experiences that refresh and strengthen me to head back to the desert!


Continuing to make my way towards counting 1,000 blessings.  Want to join me?



holy experience

3 comments:

  1. absolutley beautiful! I do think i will join you! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Good for me to catch up on your blog.I am inspired once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! This looks awesome! I have a boy who loves a coonskin cap too :) I am stopping by from Hip Homeschool Hop.

    ReplyDelete