Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adventuring...

"Mom, mom," my middle son whispered.
I bent down to listen.

"Let's go.  Let's go on an adventure." [pause] "Just you and me.  Don't worry, mom.  I'll be with you..."

And so began our forest adventure.

As we approached a meadow, he spotted drainage pipes going under the road.  I could hear him catch his breath and then whisper, "Danger."

He bolted for them and stopped before he crawled inside to turn and make sure I was following.

As I skeptically inspected the pipes, he reassured me. 

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

He's such a boy.  Longing for adventure and wanting to act as protector. 

With his trusty bug vacuum leading the way, we made our way thru the pipes, unharmed, and headed on our way.

Our destination?

Dinosaur bones.  Keegan's sure of it. :)

"These are very dangerous.  Don't touch, mom."

After studying them from every possible angle, we made our way back home.
With him leading the way of course!

I love little boys...

3 comments: