Thursday, December 16, 2010

Break-time

From this on Friday night...
(courtesy of my camera phone)
...to this on Monday night.
 (courtesy of my camera phone)
From a 2 day hospital stay for Xander due to pneumonia...
to my younger boys needing to catch up on some mommy time.

From a home that, while not a disaster (thanks to my mom's intervention), still desperately needs some of my elbow grease and decluttering...

to Christmas packages that still need to be prepared and mailed out.

Did I mention how exhausted I am from just ferrying kids to and from hospitals and sitting in one room for two days????

Yes, there is a lot to catch up on, recover from and prepare for...

In light of this, I'll be taking a blogging break for the rest of the year.

Merry Christmas!!!

We'll see you in 2011!

7 comments:

  1. Awww...sorry to hear your little one was so sick! Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! We've had our share of hospitals, too, this year, although it's at least been confined to the ER (where sitting up all night is still pretty unpleasant). You bet you need a break after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *SO* sorry to see your little one in such a state! How scary it is for Mummy and Daddy! How wise of you to take time off to focus on the important things...what a blessing you are to your family!

    Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours and may the LORD bless you in the coming year.

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see they're feeling better. Enjoy a wonderful and relaxing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you through the end of the year! I've been here and done this last year...scary and exhausting! (Swine Flu for us!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment and I hope you had a great Christmas. About the cheesecake... I studied the comments of below the recipes I had searched out on allrecipes.com and thejoyofbaking.com. I had heard it was a difficult thing to bake so I read for over an hour all about the various techniques people had used and mine turned out perfect... twice now! Three tips that really helped were: 1. using a water bath (filled muffin tin with boiling water and placed on rack under cheesecake for moist environment) and 2. slide knife around cake after the 40 min. of baking to prevent cracking as it pulls away from the sides and 3.turn off the oven and and leave cake in oven for three hours (chill for 2 or more hours after it comes out of the oven).

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your sweet comments. It has been a restful break and everyone is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete