Monday, January 24, 2011

Help in Organizing

I love the result of a neat orderly home, but I am not the most neat, orderly and organized person in the world.    Sometimes, I just need a little nudge in the right direction...

My husband gave me that much needed nudge to de-clutter and reorganize my pantry.  He proceeded to empty everything out, so that I would need to go through it all before putting stuff back.

It was pretty consuming work, but it feels so nice to walk into my pantry now! 

This reminded me how thankful I am that I'm not on this journey of life alone.  I oftentimes have the best of intentions (I'm a visionary), but lack the discipline to follow through.  That is where God has gifted me with my hubby to provide balance and make sure that those 'dreams' of mine become a reality.  

I'm continuing on my way to counting 1,000 gifts.  It has changed the way I view everyday life.  I would encourage everyone to take time to count the gifts - big and small that lie in our life-path.


566. A husband who helps me organize.  He knows that I'll love the finished result.
567. Impromptu picnic in the living room floor because my tables were "full".
568. Child encouragement to FINISH putting everything back in the pantry before I get any more of this.
569. getting to throw away lots of unnecessary 'stuff.'
570. Opa birthdays.
571. The sight of hopeful candle blowing helpers.
572. Another year gleaning wisdom from this very wise, hardworking man.

573. Watching my mom and Opa play cribbage.

574. Little boy funny faces.
575. More January birthdays.
576. Three-year old anticipation

577. Balloon popping.
578. Sister conversations.
579. Naturapathic doctors.
580. Kale - my new favorite veggie.
581. An Africa-patch obsessed little boy who wouldn't wear anything else for a week!
582. Fellowship over dinner with new friends!
583. Checking out beautiful brand-new pencils - even if we don't get to keep them. (giveaway alert)
583. Imaginative play.
584. Our little Treyton Crockett carrying 'ol Betsy'
585. Anticipation of impending Mima/Paw visits!

What are you thankful this week?

5 comments:

  1. I am thankful for growing up with both sets of my Omas and Opas. They have all passed away but they all gave me incredible gifts: a love for singing, a love for growing things in the earth, putting a big smile on my face, the importance and love of family, working hard at whatever you do and an endless love for the Lord. I miss them and thanks for reminding me about how special these people were to me and how thankful I am to God that they were my grandparents. joyce :) ps thanks for visiting us at waddleeahchaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine that you're not totally organized! I mean, from all the pictures, it always looks like things are neat and uncluttered and simple. I've always been inspired by your rooms (snooping in the backgrounds of your photos, of course :)

    And that weather! Give me some of that warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh heather..Thank you for your posts. I love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how I clean! #566 is awesome, I'm thankful for my husband's help, too. I am enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the picture of your son with the food on his face! too cute! Lovely cause too. ;-D Bundles of blessings.

    ReplyDelete