Monday, May 9, 2011

A 'dge' kind of day!

Who would have thought that spelling could be so much fun???  About a month ago, we were reviewing the 'dge 3 letter j' phonogram in our Spell to Write and Read program (which I just LOVE) when I noticed on the back of the card it offered the cute suggestion of taking some time to go -

Eat fuDGE on the eDGE of a briDGE.

We were meeting friends the next morning and I knew that there was a bridge over an irrigation ditch there, so I whipped up a batch of my super yummy sugar-free fudge and took a box of it over!  (That way, I wouldn't feel too guilty about giving them fudge before lunch...)

They enjoyed it so much that Keegan, my 4.5 year old, recently asked if we could do it again.  I told him that this was something he would just have to anticipate doing when he reaches that point!

I love my job!

Just 2 more days to vote.
You all have kept me in the top 10!
Thank you for your continued votes.
You can view all nominated blogs here.

6 comments:

  1. I just love that expression with cheeks pudged out. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun activity! I know mine would love it- anything for chocolate. Congratulations on your baby girl- mine is already spoiled by her big brothers. One jumps into entertain any time she starts to fuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome! And congrats on the new little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I'm over here from the SWR group and I just love your fuDGE idea. The first time I truly understood the word fuDGE (from SWR) I literally did a little dance. I was so excited! It had never made sense to me before! Take care and I wish well with everything. Liz F. (not the trainer!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another brilliant idea :)

    Thank you for sharing, I think you've earned yourself a blog stalker, LOL!

    ReplyDelete