Monday, May 23, 2011

Mulling Over 11 Years...

There is something so special about anniversary's... I always get nostalgic each May and find my thoughts turning towards love, marriage and our relationship.

This year is no different. I've found myself marveling at all we've lived through together and how our love has deepened and grown through it all. The last 11 years certainly haven't been all that easy, but they have been good.

We've had time to love each other in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer and through all the changes that a growing family brings. And I find myself looking back, thankful for how God has used every circumstance in our lives to shape us, change us and deepen our love.

Today I'm thanking God for...

784. a husband who loves me no matter what.
785. a husband who puts up with my absent-mindedness.
786. a husband with strength of convictions.
787. a husband who loves the pregnant shape and regularly tells me so!
788. a husband who loves that I'm a dreamer and yet helps me be realistic too!
789. a husband who knows when to help me say no to things and when to say yes.  (He gets full credit for my two published articles this year. I almost said no both times...)
790. a partner in parenting who takes joys in raising the children God has given us!
791. years that have taught us that while there may be moments when we don't 'like' the other person, we still love them.  Nothing can change that!
792. trials that give opportunity to grow in our trust in the Lord and love for each other.
793. husband looks that still make me weak in the knees.
794. my parents encouraging me so many years ago to look closer at character than at one's chosen profession. (I wanted to go into full-time ministry.)
795. God revealing to me the joys in ministry wherever I'm at and in whatever I'm doing. 

4 comments:

  1. You are blessed with Rich. He is an incredible man and a wonderful husband to you! Can't wait to see you two with your girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy anniversary! Our God is such a good (and fun) God who brings good hubbies into our lives to make our path a little sweeter and easier. Congratulations on 11 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful list!
    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your anniversary was very blessed!

    ReplyDelete