Monday, November 21, 2011

Mesmerizing Pilgrim Reading


Today we parked out in the front room, eating, drawing and listening...

All eyes were glued on me and the computer screen -captivated, except for the periodic cries for 'one more chapter'.

I'm not a fan of reading books off of my computer.  In fact, this is a first for us.  But it is just that good.

We've been reading an absolutely delightful pdf copy of a trio of old books about the pilgrims!  I shared a link to these trio of books on my facebook page last week, but I wanted to make sure that you all had the opportunity to snatch up this free pdf book series that Homeschool Freebie of the Day has posted on their site.  They only keep these files up for a week usually, but it is still up this week. 

These engaging books, originally published in 1910, follow the pilgrims from their time living under persecution in England to their escape to Holland and eventually the new world.  I had been at a loss on explaining what the persecution was like in England to my young boys, but this book does a great job of laying it out in a way that is easily understandable and relatable for the kids.  Oh the beauty of living books!

So snag them while you can: Book I, Book II, Book III.

Homeschool Freebie of the Day has some great resources.  I would highly encourage you to sign up for their email alerts!

No comments:

Post a Comment