Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Christmas Dress


Out here in the wild west, few people dress up for Christmas anymore it seems...  But I succeeded in convincing my family to dress up once again.  (Although the large number of jeans at the Christmas Eve service this year probably did me in for making this happen next year.)   For now, I'm relishing in the boys who will still wear matching clothes and now dressing my little girl up!

One of the beautiful things about having a daughter, especially one who was born close to when you were, is getting to dress her in outfits that you wore as a girl...

My great-grandmother made this tiny red velvet dress for me on my first Christmas and Greta got to wear it for hers!

I loved it so much that I put her in it every chance I had, including going down to Tucson to see my cousin get her PhD!  I still smile when I think of that lovely overnighter we took.  Greta and I had so much fun sharing a hotel room.  We made lots of faces in the mirror and I had the rare opportunity to give her my undivided attention for a while!

And of course, Oma snagged her every moment she could.  I can only imagine the memories this dress brought back to her!
  

2 comments:

  1. So precious Heather! I *love* it when the boys all dress the same...I did that with mine for a LONG time! And then...it was gone. ENJOY!!!

    Yippeee for little girls and their Mommy-time...Yaaay! :)

    Happy New Year to you!

    P.S. I enjoyed the thankful post (above) too...sooo much preciousness going on in that one!

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete