Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Surprise and Some Spontaneity


Any guesses what we saw today that prompted the boys to pull out these new toys when we arrived home?

We started taking our dear Greta to a chiropractor this week.  We are very hopeful that this will help with all of her colic and severe food sensitivity issues.  (I'm currently off all dairy, wheat, spices like cayenne and chili powder, chocolate, soy and peanuts.)  I'm new to the whole chiropractor thing, but both of my sisters just love him.

On our way home today the most impressive motorcade passed us going the opposite direction on the freeway.  I phoned my husband to see if there was some kind of high-profile funeral going on or something...  That's when we found out that we had just driven past the president and his entourage.

Doing some quick thinking, I realized that he must have flown into the small airport near our home.  So much to the delight of my boys, we made a quick detour to check out AirForce One.  Let me tell you, that is one REALLY big airplane.

After gawking for a while, we headed for home where the kids played AirForce One pilot and motorcade over and over again.  Looks like we are primed and ready for our study of the U.S. presidency and elections later this year!

Hurray for everyday, or in this case not-so-everyday learning opportunities!

Thanks mom and dad for the wonderful Christmas present that came in handy today!

1 comment:

  1. How FUN! What a GREAT way to get the President and the elections jump-started in your homeschool. :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete