Monday, March 19, 2012

anticipating adventures...



Adventure is here.  My baby sister is just weeks away from meeting her first baby face-to-face.  And so we celebrate.  We celebrate this new little life.  We celebrate the beginning of motherhood.  We celebrate the growing of a family.

Our nursery theme when we were babies centered around Winnie the Pooh.  My sister and her husband are jumping off from there and going with a 100 Acre Woods kind of nursery theme.  Her use of the cross-stitches that my mom lovingly stitched over 30 years ago was my inspiration for her baby shower.






Food from the far reaches of the 100 Acre Wood: north {fruit} poles from Pooh's 'Expotition', veggies from Rabbit's garden, kanga pouch-pockets, owl eggs, honey buns and Piglet's 'haycorns'.




Baby showers are a special time to celebrate and anticipate.  It is also a fun opportunity to catch up with old friends.  Ev was surrounded with women - some she grew up with, others watched her grow up.  They brought their babies and everyone swapped stories and life updates.  And with joy we watch as she enters into this new phase in life.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How absolutely beautiful. I can only imagine how loved your sister felt with all of the thought put into her shower. You and your mom and sisters are a gorgeous bunch, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Everything was perfect, from the food and table decor, to the the wonderful assemblage of guests! Ev must have been so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's all lovely! congratulations!!!!

    God bless~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool, thoughtful, beautiful, clever shower-- I loved it-- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food stuffs are looking great.Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I'm hosting a classic pooh wedding shower in a month & found your blog during my search. I was planning on doing honey butter for favors too and was wondering where you got the labels from?? Those are so cute!

    You can email me at btitsworth@gmail.com if you don't mind. thanks!

    ReplyDelete