Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Giving the Gift of Time, aka a Blog Break



I made this little poster for myself a few months ago.  It has served as a great reminder to be totally present and focused on whatever I am doing at the moment!  You know, the kids, my hubby, the Lord and even, gasp, housework. I recently read Katrina's post over at Poorganics on what your family really wants for Christmas and couldn't help but say, yes, YES, YES as I read it.  What do they want, she writes?  More of us.  More of our undivided attention.  What a beautiful gift to give...  In this season of giving, serving and loving, I was inspired by her words.

With only three weeks left in the year, I'm taking a step back to spend more time with the Lord, my family, and also doing some goal-setting for next semester...

So I'll be back in 2013.   You can sign up to recieve updates via email, so you won't miss anything when I return!  I'm also doing some reflecting and planning for what I want to do with my lovely little space here. I'm still fixated on the whole concept of cradle rocking - culture creating and I want to share some of what we are doing to dig into the Word with the kids.  Is there something that you'd like to see me address here?  Email me! cultivatedlives{at}gmail.com

So farewell for now.  Have a delightful couple of weeks building relationships with those that matter most - the Lord, your family, your friends!

Oh and I won't be going totally dark for three weeks.  I might pop into facebook from time to time!  It has been fun to be able to chat with many of you.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh....what a gorgeous family photo my friend! May the LORD bless you all this Christmas with HIS peace and joy. Merry Christmas from our home to yours!! :)

    Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. Our children are a precious blessing (and so is hubby too). The computer, while useful, can be a time warp/suck you in and waste your time sort of a thing. I'm closing down the computer too, and hoping to spend more quality time with my family. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete