Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What is a Faun? and Web Wanderings...

 
Our read-aloud times have taken a lovely turn.  We've been reading Randy Alcorn's Heaven for Kids and he keeps referencing The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.  So we are taking a break from that book and delving into the magical land of Narnia.  It is one of those 'pinch-me' moments as a mother as I have such fond childhood memories getting lost in this book.  Today, a good deal of time was spent talking about fauns.  The boys are equally enthralled and confused by Mr. Tumnus.

In the midst of motherhood during that afternoon hour to myself or after the kids have been tucked into beds, I find myself wandering the web and being encouraged, inspired and equipped.

Here is a snippet of what I've been reading:

I'm inspired by these Bible Themed Quiet bags that Erin posted about over at When You Rise, especially since we are focusing on Creation this week!

Ticia from Adventures in Mommydom is doing a fun series right now on the ABC's of Hands-on History.  Tons of helpful links.

I loved Leigh Ann's thoughts on When Your Quiet Time's Aren't Quiet.  Wonderful ideas to meet with God no matter what your micro-season in life. And motherhood is full of lots of micro-seasons, isn't it?

Kris from Always Alleluia shared beautiful thoughts on holding onto God-sized dreams.  It was beautiful to read about her journey this last year and I found myself encouraged to place my God-sized dreams in His hands and follow along where He leads...

Love DayebyDaye's thoughts on training our children and ourselves to view our reaction and attitudes as opportunities.

What have you been reading lately - online, books, with the kids?

3 comments:

  1. Aw, Heather! I was enjoying your post and ready to check out links and then I saw mine. Humbled! Thank you so very much.
    We have read through the whole Chronicles of Narnia with the kids and I can relate- I was so excited when they were old enough to start. They were my favorites as a kid and I still read them every few years.
    Such a privilege to teach our kids, isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it IS such a beautiful privilige!!!

      And thank you for blessing me with your timely words!

      Delete
  2. I'm actually reading the series for the very first time ever with my children. We started the series last September and literally started the last book this week.
    So far our favorites were the Magician's Nephew; Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe; and the Dawn Treader. We're all a bit sad to know we're coming to the end.

    http://www.teachingstars.com/2012/09/06/how-to-get-to-narnia/

    ReplyDelete