Friday, January 11, 2013

Finding Beauty in the Chaos

Some days the messiness of life starts to overwhelm me...  But then sometimes, God gives me eyes to see the beauty, the creation, the memories that are made in the midst of the mess, in the midst of the clutter.


I'm thankful for the ability to recognize the door of opportunity.  I'm thankful for fresh eyes and a heart that sings at the sight God's goodness.  As I focus on the beauty the clutter tends to fall to the periphery.  And bit by bit, the boys are learning how to faithfully and consistently tidy up {as long as I consistently encourage them to do so...}

In the meantime, I'm soaking it up.
{poor guy had a run-in with the sidewalk after trying out his brothers new skateboard.}
 

For any of you ladies wanting to join us for the Luke Bible study and having some online accountability and/or doing The Dig Bible study with your kids on the same first chapters of Luke, I've set up a facebook group.  Looking forward to chatting with some of you and encouraging each other to draw close to Jesus and bring our children in as well!

4 comments:

  1. i'm right there with you...soaking in the moments right in the middle of the messes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that little girl of yours go!! She's on the move!! And, yes...the chaos has its own beauty. It really does!

    With love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love all of your pictures. Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete