Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter Prep!


On Thursday evening we did some Easter preparations. Alexander loved coloring eggs with his Oma.

But my favorite part was when Mom pulled out our old Ressurection-tivity scene. When we were little my Mom got a paper-doll Ressurection scene which she colored and laminated. Each year, we would put it up. There was something so powerful about getting to move the paper figures around and re-enact the account! I had mentioned this fascination before, but Easter has an even more powerful effect on me. I loved inviting the neighborhood kids over and walking them thru the gospel using our "tivity" set! I also remember putting together all kinds of "programs" each year to try and communicate to my family and really to God, how grateful I was for what Christ did. Looking back, they seem pretty cheesy now, but at the time, I put everything I had into them.

Easter has always been my favorite holiday because it celebrates the hope I have. I can't wait to see what Easter traditions develop for my little brood in the upcoming years!

Here's Oma giving an account!
Hurray! Jesus is Alive!


1 comment:

  1. Ah ha!I found your blog! Very nice!
    Looks like your Easter was good.:)
    Romans 6:5 "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection!"
    My word for you today is... In our dying to sin we will always find life! I am praying for you.
    Love you Peggy

    ReplyDelete