Saturday, October 18, 2008

Patch-up, Touchdown!

I’ve had another “yup, I’m a mommy” moment. I patched my first pair of jeans. I’m actually surprised that I haven’t had to do this sooner.

I remember my mom occasionally doing pretty patches where she would embroider flowers onto my jeans. I loved it, especially since I was so skinny as a kid that I had to wear super-slim BOY jeans. This was the one aspect that made it slightly girly… (I missed out on all of the cool 80’s jeans styles with zippers and bows at the bottom of the jeans. Maybe I should indulge my girlhood fantasy, now that I am more, uh, full-figured and zippers are back..)

Since my little daddy clone is such a big football fan, I decided to make him a football from some old corduroy that I had lying around. I LOVE the mix of textures. (I see many more corduroy patches in our future.)I’m not sure how long they will hold up, since I cheated a bit and glued the ‘patch’ on before doing the zigzag stitch to secure the edges. (Yup, there I go with the glue – AGAIN!)

I scored bigtime with this one!!! He LOVES his ‘new’ jeans and can’t wait for the weather to cool down again, so he can wear them more often!

I’m sure this will inspire more football moments where he creatively uses whatever is lying around to transform himself into a football player!

...a deflated dodgeball!

...and the ever-manly purple bumbo football helmet! :)

4 comments:

  1. I patches jeans for a little boy -- also for a little girl. But I never did footballs. Very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patch! Did you embroider the laces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like to see the bumbo seat is getting some use! Looks like X is a player from the 20's! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! My mom used to sew on ladybug patches when I tore through the knees of my jeans. I saw some at the craft store the other day and felt so nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete