Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time with #2!

My in-laws were in town last week. As always, we enjoyed having time to spend together. On Friday they took Rich and Xander down to the Phoenix/FBR Open. Xander loved the opportunity to see some of his sports heroes in real life and my inlaws got to relish our beautiful weather (a nice break from 10 inches of snow back home).

This meant special time with my Keegs!
Keegan is my observer. He is my little man of very few words - until his brother is gone. You see, Xander is a talker. He talks for everyone. He tells me what his daddy, brother, auntie or anyone else is thinking. I ALWAYS know what is going thru his mind because he tells me!

So it was a wonderful treat to get a peak into the real Keegan. We talked a lot. He was excited to get to play a game with mommy. Just him and mommy! We love our Busy Bugs game. We were both enthralled with sorting bugs by color and type for almost an hour during Treyton's nap. I was amazed at how well he did with it! Towards the end, we pulled out one of our favorite new toys and he had fun matching the bugs with the coordinating colored bowl. ETA: I would love to hear any ideas of how you find special one-on-one time with each child or what your parents did to create special one-on-one memories when there was more than one of you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!

    I didn't know you had a blog!

    One-on-one time I do with my children
    Josiah (4): coloring, reading, play doh, making tracks for his cars, working in the garden outside

    Grace (3): She's my girly girl so she likes me to do her hair or paint her nails. She likes to be read too. I could read to her for hours and she would still be sitting in my lap:)

    Autumn (1): She still takes bottles so I use that time as her cuddle time, but she does like for me to read her lots of book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara! What fun ideas. Thanks for sharing...

    I've really been cherishing the reading times with the younger two at bed time (for Trey) and naptime (for Keegan) because it is just the two of us. I wasn't as good about one-on-one reading time with Keegan when he was a baby. He just joined along when I read to Xander. Not that it was wrong, but I wish I had spent a little more time with just him. I'm getting better at carving at niches of time for each child.

    ReplyDelete